Alupkinskiy Palace Museum, created a few thousand peasants, who were brought to Alupka, of the 17 provinces of Russia, where there were estate of a wealthy landowner – Count Vorontsov, MS Drawings of the building were made, one of the most famous architects of that time – an architect of the English royal court of Edward Blora. The palace itself was designed in the styles of Tudor castle, where the late Gothic style is combined with elements of Moorish architecture. If carefully look closely, you can see the silhouette of the palace from the sea like shape rising behind it and the teeth of Ai-Petri. Well-established style and color of the building, which is built of gray-green stone called – diabase. The palace is of several buildings forming a single ensemble. The central building on the south side is in the spirit of Muslim architecture, a wide semicircular arch with a niche decorated with an Arabic inscription, and columns, similar to minarets.
In the same styles and outdoor terraces facing the sea. North side of the palace was completed in the Gothic style. The palace was built 20 years from 1828 to 1848, on the one hand it may seem that long, but when you consider at that time lack of technical equipment (in the modern sense of the word) and the demands of builders in the high art, then, for the time period allowed. The true experts of the time worked on the creation of this masterpiece of architecture. There were employed bricklayer, modelers, carpenters. Remarkable examples of sculpture, stone carving and woodwork, unique furniture, draped fabrics can be found in the ceremonial office and dining room, in the Little Blue and lounges.
For the first time on SCC were used for the construction of metal structures Alupka Palace 24 cast iron columns, served as a pillar of the roof over the winter garden, the upper terrace of the famous gazebo next to the library case. Some of the documents preserved the names of some of serf craftsmen. Unusually elegant stucco ornament the walls and ceiling in the Blue room is made by masters, headed by Roman Furtunovym. Construction of the palace took place in parts: from the beginning were lined Central and Shuvalov, then the clock tower, the east wing, a winter garden. When construction of the palace nearing completion in 1848, the central staircase entrance was decorated with marble statues of lions, brought from Italy. So it remained until the October Revolution, the palace owned by the heirs of Count Vorontsov. Here in 1863, the Blue room read "Dead Souls" by Gogol, MS Schepkin. In the halls of the palace collected over decades rather large collection of paintings and sculptures of Russian and European masters. After the revolution the palace, together with all property transferred to state ownership, and in 1921 here museum opened. Nowadays, the palace visit a large number of people who are interested in the history of this magnificent building and dip into the past era.